Monday 16 January 2012

The Dreaded Summer Flu

 I have it.
 I can't believe the weather is finally sunny and beautiful and I have the flu!  However I think I'm on the improve after my fever last night.
I think I may have been slightly delirious as I have vague memories of pestering The Farmer with such questions as why were paintings always being confined to a rectangle canvas and in my fuzzy brained state I decided I was to become an artist painting only on interesting geometric shapes....hmmmm.   I must say I am feeling much better today, mentally at least!    I have however managed to catch up on a few garden progress photos, so without further ado....

 Our biggest strawberry yet!
 Muffins made from homegrown spinach, can't wait till I'm using homemade feta too!
 Cottage garden, colourful chaos 
 I HATE an unmown lawn, its like having unvaccumed carpet, however since I have been sick it has remained uncut....
 Unexpected surpirse, the cottage garden is full of lots of baby polyanthus!
 The Huntaway amonst the Zinnia heads
 And two more unexpected surprises, self seeded Zinnia and another little pretty blue flower, possibly lobelia??

 The pumpkins are growing fast
 As are the second planting of broccoli

 Artichokes are currently being harvested, delicious!
The first planting of broccoli are almost ready for harvest, hurray!

Everything needs a good feed of seaweed tea this weekend, I also need to collect some more seaweed for mulching, I can't believe what a diffence to the foliage it makes, its magic stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment