Monday 6 February 2012

Back to the Vet (gross photo warning!)

The Huntaway had a rush visit to the Vet this morning.  She was due to have her last 3 stitches out tommorrow, but when I checked her this morning I was horrifed to see the area around the scar was swollen and hard.  The Vet says shes had a reaction to her internal stiches and put her straight onto antibiotics, two a day for a week.  The area looks gross and is weeping a little.  I feel sick about it and am now doubting my decision again.

So for those with a strong stomach, heres what it looks like....



This had been a flat little scar last night, almost invisable.  Still shes happy and bright so I have my fingers cross this is going to settle down quickly.

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to be your newest blog follower. It's not too uncommon to have an internal reaction to those pesky stitches. Antibiotics should lessen the severity of the wound by tomorrow and then hopefully it's smooth sailing from then on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, welcome, thanks for following! Yes thankfully her wound is looking much better, she has just finished her antibiotics and so far so good, hopefully there won't be anymore setbacks from now on!

    ReplyDelete